How to Stay On Track At The Weekends

How to Stay On Track at the weekends

Don’t let the weekend destroy all of your hard work.

You’ve been working out all week and have been sticking to your healthy diet. Now that the weekend is here you might be wondering if you should stay on track or just enjoy yourself completely. While it’s your choice to let loose you need to remember that consistency is key for a healthy lifestyle.

It’s time to get real about your goals

If you are happy to keep going with your healthy lifestyle, that’s great and you should continue to do so. If not, then you need to think about what sacrifices you need make so that you can achieve your goals.

You might have joined a 30-day program or 12-week program wanting to lose 1 or 2 stone. That was your goal. That’s what you set out to achieve. However, you’re still going out every weekend. You need to figure out the following:

  • What do you really want to achieve?
  • What do you need do to get there?
  • What do you need to cut down on or stop doing altogether to reach your goals?

Making the right choices

Once you have a clear plan of action in mind it should be easier for you to decide how you want to spend your weekends. If you want to stick to being healthy then here’s a couple of options for you. You could suggest other activities rather than going to the pub, such as going to the cinema, doing paintballing or something else. If you’re going out for dinner or to an event where food will be served choose the healthiest options available. If your family is used to getting a weekly takeaway, you could do some home-cooking instead. These are just a few of the many ways that you can enjoy yourself at the weekend while still maintaining your healthy lifestyle.

On the other hand you may still decide to let loose every so often, maybe on special occasions. Special occasions are just that, special, so if there’s a holiday, birthday or other important event coming up in your diary then you may decide to just enjoy and make the most of it (within reason hopefully!). You might feel that the 80/20 diet is best for you, so 80 percent of the time you stick to a super healthy diet. The other 20 percent is less strict.

Tips for damage limitation

Regardless of whether or not you’ll stick to your healthy diet 100% of the time, here’s 7 damage limitation tips to take on board.

  1. Always eat breakfast. This will prevent you from getting hungry early on in the day which could result in you being tempted by junk food (this applies to every day of the week though!).
  2. If you’re not working at the weekend then you’ll have some extra time to do a little more physical activity.
  3. If you’re at an event where the drinks are flowing, know when to stop. It can be easy to overdo it on the booze but know when enough is enough.
  4. Bring healthy snacks with you if you’re heading out for the day and don’t leave the house hungry.
  5. Keep your home stocked up with healthy food and ingredients so that you’re not tempted by junk food or takeaways. Check out our cookbook which has some great Fakeaways >>
  6. If you’re going to a restaurant watch your portions. Some restaurants give huge servings so it’s best to keep an eye out for this and maybe swap the fries for a salad.
  7. Invite friends and family over so that you have more control over what food is being served.

So you can see that there’s plenty of options for maintaining a healthy lifestyle while still allowing yourself to enjoy the weekend. It’s all about being consistent and making choices.

Would you like to join out 12 week body transformation program? We work with you closely to guide your mindset and habits. Find out more;

Click Here to train with us in Stockport

Click Here to join our Online Mind & Body Transformation

 

 

Leave A Response

* Denotes Required Field